Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Great Week Start

Generally (read it 'Always') Mondays are painted B L U E for me.

Last Sunday night was no different. I was feeling miserable that the weekend is over and tomorrow I would have to throw myself neck deep into the work; hectic schedule. Man, it is a very bad feeling when the good times are about to end. With a heavy heart I resigned to the bed remarking to my husband -

Dear, the weekend’s gone, Sigh!

I knew I had to get up the next morning at 6.30 AM (if I intend to prepare the breakfast). Sacrificing the breakfast I can push the time by twenty more minutes. Which means that I cannot enjoy the comforts of my bed beyond 6:50 AM. My company bus comes at 7.25 AM to pick me up at a bus-stop which is (not less than) 10 minutes walking distance from my home. So I have to leave the house by 7.15 AM. I cannot afford to lose another minute; otherwise I would have to run all the way to the bus-stop to make it in time. It’s chilly in the morning so that naturally affects the rate at which I get ready for work. Sunday night, I had put on the alarm at 6.30 AM for the next morning.
The alarm obediently shrieked at 6.30 AM in the morning. I snoozed off the alarm several times not wanting to sacrifice the comforts of my warm and cozy bed. Finally when I woke up it was already 7‘O clock.

Oh Man, I need to rush!

I quickly brushed my teeth, had a shower and arranged my purse. Just before leaving I again checked the time. It was 7:17 AM.

Now how am I gonna make for the bus on time.

I nudged my husband and woke him up. He was in a deep slumber. I kept nudging him and constantly told him to drop me to the bus-stop since I was late already. That was pretty uncomfortable for him. I knew it was way too much on my part to expect him to jump out of the bed instantaneously. But I was getting terribly late.

Boy, it took him two precious minutes to finally get out of the bed. Sleepily, he wrapped himself up in his jacket, wore thermocot pants and then his shoes. He tried to hurry up but it was difficult to switch his mode on such a short notice. Watching him get ready seemed to be an eternity; when every second was precious. By the time he started his motor cycle it was already 7.25 AM.

Oh no, my bus would be arriving at the stop any moment.

I called up my bus-mate to make the bus wait for me. My husband whish –whooshed his way to the stop. We made it to the stop in less than a minute. Kudos to him! There I saw my bus waiting for me. I thanked hubby dear for making it just in time and quickly jumped into the bus. When I settled I discovered the pair of steel keys hanging in my fingers.

OMG! I forgot to hand the keys to hubby dear.

I called his mobile to inform him. Alas, in this hotchpotch he didn’t pick his mobile while leaving. Left with no other choice I got down on the next stop. Everybody in the bus was wondering and rolling their eyes. I caught a rick to my place and saw my flustered husband sitting on his bike. I ran up to him with the steel keys still hanging in my fingers. His face lit up and a smile ran across his sleepy face the moment he saw me.

Hubby dear, how can you expect me to run away with the keys leaving you in a misery?

To make to the office I was obviously left with a single option - hubby dear would drop me to my office on his motor cycle. I generally avoid going with him because riding the motor cycle on a chilly wintry morning is quite a daunting task. My hubby dear knew I detest taking a ride on his motor cycle on a winter morning.

Phew! do we have any other choice?

We had one hour in hand before we start for the dreadful journey to the office. So we decided to snatch some sleep. We both are sleep-freaks. Great snuggle bugs ;-) And I have tales to tell you about those forty winks. But let me save them for some other time. The alarm was ringing at 8.30 AM (I had put another alarm to make sure we're on time). I woke him up telling him its time now. He said he wants to sleep a little more. I was happy on hearing the postponement of the discomforting ride for some more time; and I again slept off.


Later he woke me up. I checked the time, it was 10:30 AM. I was shocked. We had over slept. I cursed myself for making him late for the office. But I found him pretty relaxed. I asked him wasn’t he late for the office. He smiled at me and said that he delayed it on purpose. He knew that it would be very chilly in the morning and since I am not used to face the wintry weather he delayed going to office till it was warm and sunny. When we stepped out of our home it was sunny and I found the ride pretty warm and pleasant. OMG I was so happy and ecstatic. He cares for me so much. He made my day. Whoopee!

At times, I wonder why he does not do things in ways I want him to do. Ways I feel are better to go with the ones he takes. Doesn’t he care for me?

To all these thoughts and many more, I got my answer on this Monday morning.
Care is not showering gifts on me or planning holidays or doing those lovey-dovey things. Care is not to put too much stock into all that mushy stuff. Care is making late for his office so that my journey is more comfortable. What’s really important is how he treats me in general. A husband who’s supportive and caring is worth a lot more than a surprise trip to Jamaica.
Happiness lies in the small details of life!

Indeed, on a pleasant and comfortable note I had a great start for the week.

4 comments:

SSQuo said...

A simple word or gesture can overpower a tour around the world! I totally agree.

Although, I want the gesture AND the tour, hmm too demanding right? :)

PS: You guys HAVE to make two/three sets of keys ASAP!

Anonymous said...

nice !!! just loved reading this :)

once wen i was in school, my mom used to drop me to bus stop ,, and i took the keys with me .. since my dad too was locked inside, she had to come with a neighbour to my school to fetch the keys !! he he ...

Jyoti said...

@SSQuo: I was carrying both the set of keys with me ;-) Hehehe yes gesture and tour both are important ;-)

@Pretty Me: thanks for appreciating my post. I can understand your parent's plight ;-)

Anonymous said...

Something for you here :

http://creatingnewblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/awarded.html